Follow Your Heart, it is Smarter Than You Think
Professor Brian Josephson, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist from Cambridge University, says: “So far, the evidence seems compelling. What seems to be happening is that information is coming from the future.” It has been only recently, with the development of neuroscience, quantum physics, and computer technology, that we can study intuition by scientific measure. Prior we only had accounts from psychics. Today this has changed. A groundbreaking study for the Heart Math Institute shows us that our heart is where intuition is sensed first in the body. There really is something to the saying “follow your heart.’”
From Life Science Foundation on Heart Math Study
Researchers at the HeartMath Research Center go further and offer another explanation—one which focuses on the knowledge of the heart. In 2004 The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (Volume 10, Number 1) researchers McCraty, Atkinson, and Bradley explore the electrophysicological evidence of intuition. These researchers also looked at split-second knowledge, but focus on the fact that the body, particularly the heart, responds to stimulus before being exposed to the stimulus. The stimulus in this case was emotionally arousing pictures. For example, imagine that you are walking down a street and are unaware that around the corner you will be exposed to a beautiful, breath-taking garden. According to this research, your heart can know in advanced that you will see a garden around the corner. In this case, even before you turn the corner, your body will suddenly be engulfed by a sense of calm and beauty—the same sense you would have if you actually had turned the corner. In other words, your heart appears to be able to ‘see’ around the corner and know a split-second earlier what is going to happen. This is also true with more disturbing emotional pictures. When HeartMath’s research subjects were going to be exposed to emotionally arousing and/or challenging pictures, their hearts responded in advance with even greater significance.
More Studies on Intuition at HeartMath: http://www.heartmath.org/research/research-library/research-library.html?submenuheader=1#intuition-research
INTUITION: WHAT SCIENCE SAYS (SO FAR) ABOUT HOW AND WHY INTUITION WORKS
PAUL BERNSTEIN, Ph.D.
Abstract: Intuition is defined for the purposes of this analysis as: the appearance in the mind of accurate information about the external world, which can be shown to have come not through the five senses, nor through a rearrangement of stored memory contents. Forms of intuition obeying this definition have been explored scientifically under such labels as telepathy, precognition, presentiment, and remote viewing. This paper summarizes those scientific findings, and presents a few theories which have been hypothesized to explain them. Those theories are largely based in theoretical physics, including quantum non-locality, holography, and complex space-time. Related
biological theories are also cited, which propose to explain how information might move from the subatomic level up into waking consciousness, for example through DNA structures or neuronal microtubules.
Professor Dan Siegel on The Brain and the Developing Mind: Video Lecture
Clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine, describes intuition as “being in touch with the wisdom of the body.”
He explains that there is a connection between our gut and our right pre-frontal cortex which gives us access to the wisdom stored in our body. The right hemisphere of our pre-frontal cortex receives information from the body, including our heart and our intestines, and uses this input to give us a “heartfelt sense” of what actions to take or a “gut feeling” about the right choice.
Watch Video Here. Scroll to chapter 25 on Intuition
- Intuition: An Untapped Resource, by Bruna Martinuzzi, President, Clarion Enterprises Ltd. Tips to enhance our ability to access our intuition: http://www.openforum.com/idea-hub/topics/the-world/article/intuition-an-untapped-resource-bruna-martinuzzi
- The Anatomy of Intuition, Psychology Today. By Daniel Cappon”What’s your Intuition Quotient? For the past three years, several colleagues and I have been busy developing a test that, we believe, measures intuition, that most elusive way of knowing. I call it the Intuition Quotient Test, or IQ2. The “quotient” does not refer to chronological age, as in the traditional intelligence test, but to that proportion of general intelligence that intuition makes up. Although a trained scientist and great believer in rational thought, I am convinced that intuition is the older, wiser, and perhaps greater part of human intelligence.” http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199305/the-anatomy-intuition
- What Are Theta Brain Waves? Theta Waves have been linked to having a strong intuition. Have you ever gotten a strong “gut-feeling” about something and your gut turned out to be right? Well, it has been proven that Theta Brainwaves are accessed when you have an instinctual-type “feeling” in the pit of your stomach. Much of the time, our gut-instinct turns out to be right – even when our logical Beta Brainwaves want to take over. http://www.brainwavesblog.com/tag/theta-waves
- Five Steps to Intuitive Healing, by Judith Orloff, M.D. The magic of intuition is that it insists you live in the moment with no expectations, a continuing freshness. Intuition is our birthright, available to everyone. http://www.soulfulliving.com/intuitivehealing.htm
- O Magazine Featuring Martha Breck, How to Tune In to the Voice Within. Aug. 2011 http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Finding-Your-Inner-Voice-Developing-Intuition-Martha-Beck
- Dr. Judith Orloff. Assistant clinical professor of Psychiatry at UCLA.
Practices traditional medicine with cutting edge knowledge of intuition, energy, and spirituality to achieve physical and emotional healing. http://www.drjudithorloff.com/
- Jeffrey Mishlove, PhD. President, Intuition Network — a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping create a world in which all people are encouraged to cultivate their inner, intuitive resources http://www.intuition.org/jmbio.htm
- Explore new directions and possibilities in integrative healthcare, education, science, and intuition. http://www.lifesciencefoundation.org/home.html
- The Institute of HeartMath is an internationally recognized nonprofit research and education organization dedicated to helping people reduce stress, self-regulate emotions and build energy and resilience for healthy, happy lives. HeartMath tools, technology and training teach people to rely on the intelligence of their hearts in concert with their minds at home, school, work and play. http://www.heartmath.org/
- Charlon Bobo. Best-selling author, Visionary Entrepreneur & Women’s Empowermentor. “My commitment is to help create a world of love that works for all life. It is especially refreshing finding someone in the business world who has stepped out of the old paradigm and is bringing joy, brilliance and a new way of marketing. Charlon exudes light and every time I speak to her my heart starts to sing. She understands that energy is what is behind everything. She is about substance and what is real and moving beyond appearance. She knows that true success comes from working from the heart and helping others to also succeed. Her work is brilliant and filled with heart – I highly endorse Charlon and the skills she provides for successful strategies in your business.” ~Kathleen McIntire www.EditCopyProof.com, www.SpiritualCopywritingEssentials.com