My quest in “getting to know” my intuition has brought more to my life than just recognizing my voice within. I consider my intuition to be one of my best friends and we share nothing less than total TRUST, with a capital “T.” I Trust my guiding wisdom knows with clarity when something feels right and doesn’t feel right-second guesses (coming from my rational mind) are not how we spend our time. We work together best when I am in a relaxed state. This is because intuition is feeling based though the language of emotion. And it asks of us to be in an open place in order to hear it’s powerful subtlety. When that confirming insight or direction comes, a feeling of “yes! That’s it!” is present. I like to describe it as my entire body lights up for a split second in an AH-HAA moment. It’s confirmation because this feeling excites you, inspires you and brings with it a life-giving supporting answer. And the cycle grows and continues: inspired- ideas and ideas- inspire. Back to inspired- and more ideas.
A couple ways I experience this is through creativity, pondering, and asking questions. Often with words, art, and music. After fine tuning my creation I know in that moment when my work is complete because my body tells me. I can feel perfect alignment or I like to call it “everything clicks into place.” This also happens when I’m searching online. What’s great about the internet is it’s like a portal for instantaneous answers to come to you. There’s no waiting, only searching, and answers. When you know your answer has come, you feel it.
It’s imperative to understand more fully how your mind gets in the way. What are some roadblocks to being intuitive?
- Tension or resistance will contradict your inner voice. For example trying to hard or pushing from the mind to get to an answer will only block your intuitive voice.
- Being attached to an outcome. Here you are not open to other possibilities to come through.
- Fear. Fear is the opposite of trusting. When we make decisions from fear it is coupled with lack, being less than or there’s not enough.
- The BIG “should.” When you’re finding that your mind is projecting shoulds or have to’s on yourself this is when you know you are not receiving internal guidance. It’s a thought coming from your conditioning.
In connecting and developing a relationship with your inner voice guiding YOU here are some helpful tips:
1. Set and intention to be aware of your intuition and then write down any insights of intuition that come through. This will show yourself confirmation on a daily basis that you ARE intuitive and you can differentiate between your mind and inner guidance.
2. Asking questions, stay open and be curious. “I wonder if?” “Wouldn’t it be fun if?” “Wouldn’t it be nice if?” It helps you focus on a positive direction forward instead of ruminating about past events or worrying about the future.
3. Signs are all around us. Notice synchronicities that show up as confirmation. You can even ask “show me a sign so I know that I am heard.” Watch what happens next. Looking for synchronicities is an open state of being where surprises occur.
What are some things I can do to connect and listen to my inner voice? Create a practice. Become curious:
Meditation is an assured way to building a relationship with your intuition. You don’t necessarily need to be cross-legged in the lotus position. Any activity that get’s you into a relaxed open state will flood you with wisdom and intuitive insight. Walking, yoga, dancing, daydreaming, and breathing.
To learn more about intuition, join us in a conversation with our inspiring Intuition expert, coach and counselor, Bonita Kay Summers, listen to the interview available May 29th
One lucky winner is going to receive a copy of Guiding Signs 101: Guidance for a Smooth Ride on Your life’s Journey. To enter, just fill in the Rafflecopter form below. This giveaway will end on June 5th and is open to the US only. The winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to reply.